Flynt Management Group is currently seeking a Director of SEO to join our team and lead the strategy and execution of online subscriber acquisition efforts across several internet/digital properties. This position will report directly to the CTO.
Flynt Management Group, is a multi-media entertainment conglomerate engaged in a variety of industries, including Publishing (HUSTLER® Magazine, and numerous other magazines); DVD distribution (HUSTLER Video®, VCA® Pictures, HIS® Video); Broadcasting (HUSTLER TV®, a worldwide PPV and VOD network); internet distribution (HUSTLER.com and 60+ other websites); Retail (22 HUSTLER HOLLYWOOD® retail stores); Casinos (Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino® and Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino®) in suburban Los Angeles; Product licensing (HUSTLER branded products); and Entertainment Clubs (Larry Flynt’s HUSTLER Clubs® (11 locations worldwide).
HUSTLER®, the most powerful brand in adult entertainment in the world, was founded in 1974 by outspoken and world-renowned First Amendment defender Larry Flynt.
This position is responsible for leading our SEO/digital marketing initiatives to achieve growth objectives across three main internet businesses, online video, e-commerce, online magazine. The ideal candidate must be hands-on, passionate, possess strong project management skills and a deep understanding of SEO methods and technologies.
Major Goals and Responsibilities
- Clearly communicate plans and execution to the executive team
- Oversee SEO agency relationships and performance
- Provide oversight of SEO vendors to ensure execution is aligned with strategy
- Be an expert at the latest SEO techniques and strategies
- Assess opportunities across all internet properties related to improving SEO rankings such as traffic, domain authority, back-link profile, etc..
- Work closely with the business teams to understand requirements and ensure successful execution
- Act as the SEO subject matter expert for topics including: on-page, off-page and technical SEO, accessibility and link building.
- Foster SEO campaigns from conception to implementation, including internal approval processes, account structure, keyword list development, copy creation and testing.
- Work with our SEO, content marketing and creative teams to implement strategies.
- Communicate to team, and management on strategy/project development, timelines, and results.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings and use various sources. Comfortable configuring and using Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz and more.
Experience, Attitudes and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- A strong track record of identifying high value, low cost solutions to problems by balancing business and customer needs with tech capabilities
- Flexible self-starter with optimistic attitude, ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Must be focused, incredibly organized, show excellent attention to detail and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to their work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in managing SEO initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Highly analytical and process driven
- Entrepreneurial-minded self-starter that requires minimal supervision, and proactive in getting work completed without constant direction. Works with a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with CMS systems (WordPress, Shopify) and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments.
- Experience working with HTML/CSS and website administration a plus.
- Comfortable with data and experience with Google Analytics and Search