Director of IT - Hustler/Lucky Lady Casinos
We are currently looking for a Director of IT for our two casinos in Gardena. The successful candidate will possess experience in Casino IT or equivalent.
Larry Flynt’s HUSTLER Casino and Lady Luck Casino are luxurious facilities with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facilities match the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the design, coordination and installation of multi-user applications, including PBX and telecommunications systems, on a network operating system, maintaining data integrity and system quality.
- Maintains Casino Management System, Customer loyalty system, as well as other technology related to Casino operations
- Ensures a superior level of user service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained throughout the property.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all applications on the network operating system.
- Enforces standards of security, system integrity and confidentiality within the department.
- Supervises the daily operation of the Information Technology Department.
- Assists in testing and making purchase decisions for hardware, software and network technologies.
- Routinely inspects all supported equipment on property, identifying potential problems and coordinating necessary repairs.
- Coordinates the troubleshooting and repair of all supported equipment on property.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of file servers and network operating systems.
- Assists in the coordination of an effective structure for the information technology team, maintaining adequate staffing levels in the department, by interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, motivating, promoting, disciplining and terminating employees, as deemed necessary.
- Communicates with all departments on specific needs and/or problems, and acts as a liaison between technicians, vendors and management.
- Creates and documents technical procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the quality and integrity of systems on property.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages teamwork and for employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Experience, Attitudes and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- A strong track record of identifying high value, low cost solutions to problems by balancing business and customer needs with tech capabilities
- Flexible self-starter with optimistic attitude, ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Must be focused, incredibly organized, show excellent attention to detail and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to their work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum of four years experience working with and supporting network operating systems, including phone and telecommunications systems, preferably in a casino environment.
- Must possess superior computer skills, and be proficient in software applications currently in use by the casino, or possess knowledge of similar systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience in Casino industry
- Strong project management skills
- Highly analytical and process driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Google Apps