Larry Flynt’s vision for an upscale erotic boutique began in 1998 when the flagship store was built in Hollywood on the renowned Sunset Strip. Since then, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 24 locations nationwide including both urban and interstate models. The store’s tasteful, bright, and upscale design provides customers with a wide variety of merchandise from which to choose. We provide our customer with a fun shopping experience, where they can purchase women’s and men’s apparel, jewelry, lingerie, candle and home products, as well as adult entertainment and an upscale selection of novelties. HUSTLER Hollywood is changing the face of romantic behavior worldwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that buying direction is on-target based on comprehensive analysis of the business (last year results, current trends, price range, depth of assortment, seasonal focus and customer demands)
- Execute merchandise allocation strategies to maximize sales and achieve turn over goals for all stores
- Analyzing reports, trends and regularly reviewing sales performance with the goal to optimize sales and minimize markdowns
- Manage plans for stock levels in partnership with the store teams, reacting to changes in demand to ensure that all stores have the correct inventory levels to maximize sales
- Reviewing and responding to store PO's in a timely manner; ensuring top sellers never sell out and are always in-stock
- Planning and executing pricing strategies, ensuring greatest margin potential
- Responsible for reviewing and working within annual budgets, creating a merchandising strategy for the stores, as well as developing an annual promotional calendar
- Partner with marketing on sales initiatives and promotional strategies
- Proven track record working with vendors on product development, quality, sampling, and cost negotiation
- Ensure that supplier/vendor relations are optimal; i.e., getting the best possible prices, quality and service levels with an appropriate level of "partnership"
- Creating and supplying best seller reports and store specific selling as needed
- Attend trade shows and source new vendors and business opportunities
- Perform competitor comp shops, to include, brick and mortar, online and trade publications on a monthly basis
- Work closely with Regional, District and Store Management to consistently and effectively communicate buyer objectives through organized and scheduled conference calls, email communication and weekly directives.
- Regular store visits to flagship location or other locations to maximize product, merchandising opportunities and to keep a pulse on our customers by interacting with them on the sales floor
- Work at flagship location or at other locations as needed to create merchandise displays to enhance product visibility and sell-through; sharing displays with other stores via photographs or video
- Provide product knowledge materials for all new products prior to arrival in the store
- Partner with vendors to provide promotional material for in-store events, specials and sales to create product excitement and boost sales
- Plan and communicate vendor in-store trainings partnering with the Regional, District and Store Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:Four (4) year degree required
- 3+ years in retail buying and/or allocation.
- Understanding of fashion apparel and accessory trends.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, & Outlook; ability to adapt to additional internal applications.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and periods of telephone work.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Adult content environment
- Fast paced/high performing work environment