Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
The Casino Manager is responsible for managing and ensuring the efficient and profitable operations of Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Directs, manages and has oversight of all activities within the casino operations.
- Prepares budgets and assists in review of departmental budgets for facility.
- Be proactive to industry standards and competition, casino strategies and adjust Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino strategies accordingly.
- Leads and encourages team building.
- Participates in training and development of staff skills, utilizing coaching and mentoring.
- Analyzes profitability of all revenue departments and cost centers.
- Analyzes all gaming data
- Ensures team members adhere to quality customer service standards.
- Reviews and approves all personnel employment and purchasing requisitions.
- Becomes familiar with all department head roles and fills in when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of effective and successful senior management experience in casino resort operations at the level of a director or above.
- GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE A MUST
- Must have knowledge of casino and hospitality industry.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and a general understanding of financial statements and have the ability to present financial summaries of casino operations.
- Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership and direction, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Knowledge in various computer programs including Microsoft Office and casino database systems preferred.
- Must be ability to effectively analyze, investigate, resolve and recommend action for improvements and resolution.
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations.
- Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or business related field preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old to apply.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.
HUSTLER CASINO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.