Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
The Bartender is responsible for Front and Service bar service to casino guests ensuring quality presentation per established standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality and courteous beverage service to Casino players and guests. Have a good working relationship with all employees.
- Acknowledge and greet customers and guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Take beverage orders and collect payment from guests.
- Assure that all orders are taken correctly and efficiently.
- Be completely familiar with all liquor brands, beers and mixed drinks.
- Have knowledge of designated glassware, ingredients, preparation method and garnishes for each drink.
- Develop expertise in the use of the computer terminal system.
- Never indicate that a tip, “toke” or gratuity is expected for service.
- Clearly communicate “last call” at the designated closing time.
- Remove empty bar glasses and bottles from tables.
- Be watchful for persons who appear to be under the legal drinking age limit.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Be alert to recognize when a guest may have had enough to drink.
- Abide by ABC rules at all times.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Shift Manager.
- Previous experience in Bartending required
- Must have certification from bartending school
- Must be TIPs or other Alcohol Awareness program certified
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Gardena City Work Permit
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Position requires frequent bending and lifting.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.