Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady is a luxurious, classic and fantastic casino that is open twenty-four hours every day of the year, and specializes in card games, classic games like Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more. Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady features poker tables, and California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Three Card Poker, and more. This is out-of-town excitement without the expense of leaving the city. Located just 15 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles and Staples Center, in the celebrated city of Gardena.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check for freshness of all meat, dairy and produce items.
- Assure that all food items prepared are garnished properly.
- Assure that the presentation of food items is appealing.
- Abide by all State Health Department regulations and policies.
- Abide by and adhere to all company safety policies.
- Be aware of and monitor portion control.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager
- 1-2 years previous cook experience.
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Able to read, write, and speak English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 80 lbs. without restrictions
- Must be able to stand on feet for an eight hour shift
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age