Larry Flynt's vision for a premiere romance boutique began in 1998 when the flagship store was built in Hollywood on the renowned Sunset Strip. Since then, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 22 locations nationwide including both urban and interstate models. The store's tasteful, bright and upscale design provides customers with a wide variety of merchandise from which to choose. We provide our customer with a fun shopping experience, where they can purchase women's and men's apparel, jewelry, lingerie, candle and home products, as well as adult entertainment and an upscale selection of novelties. HUSTLER Hollywood is changing the face of romantic behavior worldwide.
The Director of Retail Stores will be responsible for driving revenue and growing our brand in the marketplace. To that end, you will be expected to oversee performance management/employee training and development, store financial performance, workforce planning and recruitment, retail store sales strategy and customer service, and other key sales support functions. We are seeking a candidate with a strong retail background, leadership experience and ability to drive new sales growth.
The Director of Retail Stores role will be focused on driving sales, KPI’s and field leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible and oversee the retail stores including direct supervision of our District and Store Manager Team.
- Implement new strategies and execute current strategies to generate and grow the business, ensuring achievement of sales targets.
- Monitor store financial plans and reports to identify sales opportunities. Develop and deliver action plans to address non-performing areas and opportunities.
- Ensure consistent execution of merchandise presentation, sales, and operational standards.
- Recommend new, enhanced procedures and systems, focusing on improved productivity and simplification.
- Ensure a consistent and customer-service focused shopping experience.
- Organize and conduct regular sales team trainings/meetings in retail stores.
- Provide leadership and direction to the field by communicating priorities as well as sales goals/guidelines ensuring talent and business growth to achieve short & long-term goals.
- Recruit a qualified team of sales-focused field leaders. Build a bench for future talent needs. Conduct ongoing talent reviews and establish development plans for high potential leaders.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and execute events and programs to support store initiatives, new store openings, etc.
- Business partner with retail management including Retail Visual Manager.
- Lead the on-site new store opening process.
- Provide feedback to the corporate team based on regular store interactions and field visits. This role will be the “voice” of the field for the corporate and executive team.
- 8 plus years of experience within specialty retail environments
- 4-year degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success leading and inspiring retail teams to maximize sales, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to assess, attract and develop talent.
- Experience managing growth and leading new store openings
- Experience with and strong understanding of financial statements
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Requires travel 50%-75%