Hustler Casino and Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady properties in Gardena, CA are hiring Poker dealers! If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal Poker games efficiently and professionally, ensuring that all payoffs are accurate.
- Acknowledge and greet customers and guests in a friendly, warm and courteous manner.
- Maintain the integrity of the games.
- Accurately gather collections and place in the drop box.
- Be aware of all wagering activity.
- Ascertain the value of the hand that you are reading, and announce it clearly.
- "Kill" all losing hands before awarding the pot.
- Abide by and adhere to the rules, policies and procedures in the Poker Dealer’s Guide.
- Alert the Floorperson in the event of a gaming dispute, or to make a gaming decision.
- Inform the Floorperson of any suspicious or unusual activity.
- Be aware of any empty seats at the table and notify the Floorperson.
- Attend pre-shift meetings on time and in full uniform ready to work, no exceptions.
- Never indicate that tips, “tokes” or gratuities are expected for service.
- Ensure that no second language is spoken at the table during play of the hand.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be able to clearly articulate to the Floorperson any incidents that may occur at the gaming tables.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Casino Shift Manager and the Dealer Coordinator
- Remember you have the players’ attention for the full time you are dealing the game, so do your best to make a lasting impression
- At least 1 year of poker dealing experience in a casino environment or have attended dealing school
- Must be 21 years or older
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Gardena PD work permit
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Accredited dealer school preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and management
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Moderate to Loud noise level