Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The surveillance Officer is responsible for observing, monitoring and recording all activity captured on casino surveillance cameras. The Surveillance Officer also provides for the safety and protection of all casino guests, employees and company assets by reporting any unusual or irregular activity in casino operations. Surveillance tasks may include, but are not limited to: monitoring audio and video equipment in an observation room, monitoring cash count transactions on the gaming floor and observing players, guests and employees on the property for suspicious activities and cheating infractions.
- Responsible for live video monitoring of all casino floor activities.
- Responsible for detecting any guests or employees engaged in cheating or any other criminal activities.
- Responsible for making sure gaming rules and regulations are being followed.
- Follows established procedures and immediately notifies the Surveillance Director, appropriate departments or law enforcement authorities upon detection of suspicious activities or irregularities.
- Works closely with Casino Security, other departments and outside agencies to provide information in investigations of possible loss or theft.
- Responsible for reporting and logging all exclusions to the Surveillance Supervisor/Manager.
- Responds to phone calls for Video Review requests, non-compliance questions.
- Verifies large payouts by the Casino such as jackpots.
- Responsible for watching the entire soft and hard count.
- Responsible for watching all drops of tables.
- Responsible for keeping a daily log.
- Attends all required meetings and training sessions.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have (1) year related experience in gaming regulations, operations or other casino related field.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Surveillance industry vendor certifications are preferred
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing computer).
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without restrictions.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Adult themed venue.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- 24 hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Customer service oriented property.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.