Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cage Cashier is responsible for conducting accurate coin, chip and cash transactions at the assigned cash drawer and window. The Cage Cashier maintains knowledge of Title 31, gaming regulations and departmental policies and procedures. The Cage Cashier also ensures the highest guest service level is being met by performing transactions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Sell and redeem chips for players, Dealers, Runners and floor personnel.
- Issue Dealer Banks.
- Issue Restaurant and Deli/Snack Bar Cashiers banks.
- Assist customers in the transactions of their "player’s bank."
- Cash out customers.
- Complete customer credit checks.
- Complete MTLs and CTRCs when transactions require paperwork for Title 31 compliance.
- Be aware of any counterfeit currency, and report this to the Manager immediately.
- Acknowledge and greet customers and guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Casino Cage Manager.
- Must have 1-2 years banking or retail cashier experience.
- Position requires shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without restrictions.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand on feet for an eight hour shift.
- Requires ability to constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.