Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is a luxurious facility with Monte Carlo-style décor, located in the city of Gardena. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels. The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in classic card games, with more than 80 tables ranging from Black Jack and Texas Hold’em to California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Food Server is responsible for providing the highest level of personalized service to all casino guests by ensuring that food and beverage orders are served in a timely and efficient manner. The Food Server guides guests through menus while demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the food and beverages to create exceptional dining experience.
- Provide quality and courteous food and beverage service to Casino guests.
- Acknowledge and greet customers and quests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Explain menus and daily specials.
- Assure that all orders are taken correctly and efficiently.
- Key customers food and beverage orders into POS.
- Always have the proper condiment and set-ups on the service trays when serving meals to guests.
- Clear and reset tables, including removing and replacing dishes, glasses, utensils and condiments in a timely manner.
- Remove unused and finished service trays promptly from the gaming area.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of all Casino food checks.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Never indicate that tips or gratuities are expected or required from customers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and posture at all times.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by Management.
- Must have a minimum of (1) year of previous food server experience; six months experience in an upscale restaurant preferred.
- Must maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to casino appearance standards.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Position requires shifts including weekends and holidays.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to read, write, and speak English
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food Handlers Certification
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without restrictions.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.